The Fashion Design & Creative Direction 3D Lab (FDCD_3dLab) is currently looking for a Fashion Designer Intern to join our team and contribute to making an innovative garment project.
This is a great opportunity to learn, preferably for a fashion design student in their second, third or fourth year, or a recent Ryerson University graduate, for some hands-on experience in a creative environment.
It is a plus if you are passionate about sustainability, have an eye for detail, have a creative or analytical mindset and are looking for a varied job role for a short period of time.
Time and Date of the internship:
- Three weeks, Part-Time
- From 20 November to December 12, 2021
- Total of 15 to 25 hours, depending on your availability
- High-quality industrial sewing machine and hand-sewing skills are required for this internship.
- Help drive the creative direction of a research project.
- Proactively develop new fabric/trim/techniques in line with the design concept.
- Participate in the product development process, ensuring a high standard of quality is maintained.
- Support/take notes in internal discussions.
- Help packing the parcel to exhibit location and other fashion design studio tasks.
- Must compile with Ryerson University rules and regulations to access campus.
- Internship hours will be provided to qualified Ryerson Fashion students for your contribution.
The FDCD_3dLab research group is led by Danielle Martin and develops projects that explore and question the technology of 3D printing and 3D scanning used in fashion.
The FDCD_3dLab team also collaborates in interdisciplinary projects bringing a fashion design and creative perspective.
Please describe your motivation by applying here: firstname.lastname@example.org